Author(s): Lonely Planet Publications Staff; Brett Atkinson; Andrew Bain; Peter Dragicevich; Samantha Forge; Anita Isalska; Sofia Levin; Charles Rawlings-Way (Contribution by)
Guides and Maps
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover New Zealandis your passport to New Zealand's top sights and most authentic experiences.
Start your trip with a rush in Queenstown, the birthplace of bungy jumping, kayak through the verdant cliffs of Milford Sound or enjoy local wines in Auckland, all with your trusted travel companion. Offering visually-inspiring content along with the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you, this photo-rich, user-friendly guide makes planning fun and easy. Discover the best of New Zealand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover New Zealand:
- In-depth coverageof the destination's must-see sights along with hidden gems that most guidebooks miss to get you to the heart of a place
- Intuitively organized with essential information at your fingertips
- Eye-catching full-colour design and easy-to-use layoutwith maps and images throughout
- Annotated imagesthat bring a destination to life
- Practical planning and transport toolsincluding a fold-out map (included in print version) that gives instant access to must-see sights to help you navigate as you plot out your itinerary
- Short and extended itineraries tohelp you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests to make the most of your time on the road
- Insider tips and insightsto save time and money, avoid crowds and trouble spots, and to get to know the destination like a local
- Honest recommendations for all budgets
- Cultural insights and background informationto put top sights and experiences in context and to give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience (includes history, multiculturalism, religion, arts, architecture, food, and environment)
- Free, convenient pull-out New Zealand map(included in print version) plus over 70 maps
- CoversAuckland, Bay of Islands, Coromandel Peninsula, Waikato, King Country, Rotorua, Taupo, Tongariro National Park, Wellington, Marlborough, Nelson, Christchurch, Queenstown, Fiordland and more
The Perfect Choice:Lonely PlanetDiscover New Zealand, our easy-to-use, expertly curated guide, is filled with inspiring and colourful photos and focuses on New Zealand's most popular attractions and authentic experiences for those looking for the best of the best and have minimal time for planning.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet New Zealandguide.
- Looking for a guide for just the North Island or the South Island? Check outLonely Planet New Zealand's North Island orNew Zealand's South Island for a comprehensive look at all the islands have to offer
About Lonely Planet:
Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)